Thursday, May 21, 2015

Throwback Thursday

I thought this would be a great I week to do a "Throwback Thursday". With Memorial Day coming up, I wanted to share a few pictures with you about Colorado trips from my childhood.

This was taken on Old Fall River Road. I think of them every time I think of vacationing in Estes Park! 
I'm not sure how old I was during my first trip to Colorado but I'm pretty sure there is a baby picture of me on a train. Some of my favorite memories are being on vacation with my grandparents, Verlyn & Louise, and my family in Estes Park. We all loved Estes Park for something different. For Tim and me, it was probably Go Kart Racing, Mini Golf, and Hiking. 

For my grandparents, I'd imagine they'd pick different things. Verne and Velda would often be found shopping in Estes Park or sitting on a bench watching people. They enjoyed driving to the top on Trail Ridge Road or the even-more-treacherous Fall River Road. We enjoyed meeting them for picnics by the river and going out to eat with them. I remember going to Nicky's for pie late at night too. Their vacation was truly that--a vacation. They relaxed and maintained a slow lifestyle while they were there.  

After my Grandpa passed away, we took Grandma Velda to Estes Park again. She and I were roommates which provided me with such special times and memories with her. On the first night we were arrived, we started unpacking our suitcases. I started putting clothes away when I noticed that she had packed more snacks than clothes! We had all kinds of crackers and cookies! Later that night as we were getting ready for bed, she and I started laughing uncontrollably. Why? She was laughing at my earplugs which I couldn't hear anything from, and she was laughing without her teeth in which is a funny sight! 

This is the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd generation of Norings in Colorado. We are at the very top of the mountains--past treeline--and posing for a picture. I'm sure Grandma and I had just had some hot chocolate at the gift shop! What a view at 12,183 feet!

I'm so excited that our boys will have the opportunity to have these types of memories with their grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins too! I'm getting excited for our trip! 

No comments:

Post a Comment