Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Castle Mountain Lodge Favorites

We've stayed in many different types of properties over the years.  Our last two trips found us lodging at Castle Mountain Lodge.  This is located on Fall River and close to the North Entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park. 
When I was little, one of the coolest things I remember about nighttime in Estes Park is seeing the cabins lit up with white lights when driving along the curvy road. These buildings always seemed magical to me and I love staying on the Fall River side of town.
Here are a few things that I really like about CML.
1) The Location--like I said above, staying on Fall River is wonderful. I love being able to hear the river first thing in the morning and last thing at night. I always say that I could spend a week in Estes reading by the river and doing nothing else!
Horseshoe Fun
Also, a few minutes west of the property is the entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park. A few minutes to the east and you are in the heart of downtown Estes Park. Whether you want to shop or hike, it's literally only a few minutes away. (You can even hike right from CML property!)
2) Family Friendly Fun--there's a neat playground there which the boys love to burn some energy at. CML also has horseshoes, tetherball, and shuffleboard to play. The main lobby/lodge has board games and toys you can take back to your room while you're there.
Also, on Tuesday afternoons, all the guests are invited to an ice cream social. Get a dish of ice cream, add your favorite toppings, and listen to some local music play.
Dad teaches Ben how to play tether ball. 
3) Home Base--when we're in Estes Park, Wes, the boys and I like to eat breakfast in our cabin and prepare picnic lunches. While the cabins are very small, I can still cook breakfast (instant oatmeal, precooked bacon, and fruit).  There are picnic tables all over if you'd like to eat lunch there. We usually pack lunch to go and find picnic tables wherever we're at. Your room should include at minimum a microwave, mini fridge, dishes, and utensils. Most will have a stove as well. All of the bowls, plates, pots, pans, and dish soap are included.  When we put the boys to bed, Wes and I make some hot chocolate and sit outside to relax.  


Tuesday afternoon Ice Cream Social
Want to read more about Castle Mountain Lodge? Click Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment